Home

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Damien Omen II: Damien is back to fulfill his destiny

 This sequel to the original Omen is nowhere near as good as the first film and it ended up in becoming one of the worst Horror films and one of the worst sequels ever made. I seriously didn't like this movie for one reason and to be honest this film tries to be as good as the original Omen but it ended up being a bad sequel due to several problems faced within the film. I really didn't like this sequel and it wasn't nearly as good as the original Omen and nothing kept me interested with this movie and it could have been so much better if it wasn't for the film's lack of originality and problems faced within the movie. I really hated how this sequel ended up being a bad film and it will never beat the original Omen. There are some great things about Omen II but it doesn't count on becoming a great film and everything that was bad in Omen II just doesn't save the film from some of it's great moments. I seriously found a lot of problems faced within Omen II and there are loads of problems that the movie faced. There is nothing good about Omen II for one reason.
What's great about Omen II is that the film has some of the suspense and genuine scares that the original Omen had. There are lots of scary moments in Omen II and I did like the idea of this film. All of the scares are effective and really useful and I was fund of most of the ideas of Omen II and the scares work well and most of all Damien is still scary just like in the original Omen and I like how the actor played Damien in Omen II so far and he played Damien perfectly  and I like how he played the character so well and I think the actor handled his role so far as the teenage version of Damien Thorn so far. What I also like about Omen II is that the film also has some impressive soundtrack from Jerry Goldsmith(who also composed the song for the original Omen)and I like how Jerry Goldsmith handled the song in the movie and
I like how he handled the music in Omen II so far and he really knows how to handle the music of Omen II so far and I also like how Jerry Goldsmith returned for the final time in Omen III The Final Conflict. What I also like about Omen II is that the film's plot really impressed me. And I basically like the idea of each film the plot of the original Omen is Damien's birth and this movie shows his Rise To Power and I like how the plot of each film shows that Damien is growing up in the sequels but it doesn't save the film due to it's problems and faults for one reason and it could have been better so far. The biggest downside of Omen II is that the film has some kills that are just not suspenceful and just plain dull and boring. Most of the kills in Omen II are just dull and not suspenceful as the kills in the original Omen. Although there are some tense kills in Omen II. The scene where Joan Hart gets killed by getting hit by a truck on a deserted highway is one of the most intense kills in Omen II and I like how Joan Hart was attacked by the crow and it was a pretty neat kill so far. Although the rest of the kills are just lame and predictable. Aunt Marion's death wasn't really thrilling and it wasn't that suspenceful for one reason. While the doctor's death in which the doctor gets cut in half by a falling elevator cable is just fake and dull and it could have been better for one reason and I didn't like that death scene for one reason because of how fake it is. Although I like Charles Warren's death in this film where the train crushed him and I think that was a really tense death scene so far in the film and it is one of the most suspenceful kills in Omen II since Joan Hart's death so far. Director Don Taylor should not have directed this movie and if it wasn't for Don Taylor someone else could have at least directed this movie and had a better screenwriter and I'm glad that screenwriter David Seltzer didn't write this movie and I'm also glad that Director Richard Donner didn't direct this film as well but for the new crew members they could have done better so far. Overall Damien Omen II is a disappointing sequel in the Omen franchise and it will never be as good as the original Omen.

No comments:

Post a Comment